Monday, September 7, 2009

Stuff you might not find out about me from my facebook page...

Hey everyone. As you may or may not remember, I’m a first year student in the Learning Sciences program under Dan Hickey. I hope by now you realize that I’m in the P650 New Media course—if not, how did you get on my blog?

I completed my undergrad here at IU in secondary education in social studies. Unfortunately, due to the saturation of able-bodied teachers in Bloomington it was near impossible to find a teaching job. So, for the sake of putting my wife through her last year of her IU undergrad in elementary education, I had to find a decent job. That’s why for the last 2 years I have sold insurance. Fortunately I not only sold insurance at a very large firm (about 400 employees), but I also got to train and educate many of those employees as part of my job.

If you want anything really interesting out of me you’ll just have to talk to me in class or meet up with me sometime. See you all on Tuesdays.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard! Glad to have you in the course Steve! We'll have to chat more about adult learners at some point. Any interesting experiences working with new media on the job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay blog! But...do we really want old media OUT? Can't we just say "in with the old media, in with the new media"?

    ReplyDelete